This report aims to provide a thorough overview of the EU-Canada collaboration in science and technology and to compare the innovation measures in the EU and Canada. It contains information and data for researchers, research or innovation organisations, funding organisations and political stakeholders in the field of science, technology and innovation that are considering transatlantic linkages. This report captures the momentum for the time period of 2007 until 2013 (the time-span of the European Framework Programme FP7). More specifically, the report:
- provides information on policies and joint agreements between the EU and Canada (at the federal and provincial levels), as well as information on bilateral agreements between EU and Canadian universities;
- examines the participation of Canadian researchers in the EU and of European researchers in Canadian programmes.
- compares the innovation framework conditions as well as innovation programmes both in the EU and Canada
- analyses the joint research priorities between the EU and Canada and how these are reflected in agreements, as well as the research themes of Europeans and Canadian performing research abroad;
- recommends future steps and areas of investigation that the Joint Science and Technology Cooperation Committee (JSTCC) may wish to pursue beyond the JSTCC’s current joint research priorities, which cover aeronautics and space, health, information and communication technology, agriculture and food, and arctic and marine science.
Download the PDF here:
Updated Version 2016:About, Canada, Europe, Resources, Results